Friday, June 26, 2009

"I have sailed the world, beheld its wonders...

...but there's no place like... London."
(Sweeney Todd)

I'm off to the UK tomorrow (Saturday June 27, 2009) to study theater (all types) for the rest of the summer.  I'll be taking two theater courses (acting, reading  and studying theater), and will be seeing shows on average 5 nights a week. ...I'm VERY excited, to say the least!

To get in touch with me:
-Read and Comment this, I would love to hear from everyone!
-Email me: rebecca.stone@duke.edu
-Text me: send a text to 011447766665082 
-Call and leave me a voicemail: Dial my usual number (352)266-5104 . This will be the most unreliable because it'll cost me around $2.00/min to talk on the phone.

OKAY!

The purpose of this blog is two-fold. First, I want to be able to keep in touch with friends and family (ie. YOU!) and let all of you know what I'm doing/up to. Second, this is for me.  Spending six weeks in a theater-packed region is going to be incredible, and I don't want to forget a moment. I'll be learning about all different types of acting/performing, and styles of playwriting (dramas, musicals, operas, ballets), and I'll also be working with a lot of experienced directors/producers on vocal/shakespeare/acting/etc performance.   This is the best place I can think of to document all of that. I hope to be able to keep up with this often so I remember each  play we study and what I learn from it and in London.

Finally, I am SO grateful to be able to spend this time studying, traveling, and learning. I hope I come out a person that has become more culturally aware and more passionate and educated about an ancient old art form: el teatro. 

With Love,
Becca

"Every exit is an entry somewhere else."
-Tom Stoppard (author of Arcadia, and more)

3 comments:

  1. Woo! Have fun Becca! Also, might I recommend Skype as a cheap (as in free) form of communication? =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi BIt, forwarding this on the the fam. So Thankful you made it there safely & in style!! The restaurant is Cork & Bottle, 44-46 Cranbourn St. looks like it's right by the Leicester Square tube. Hope your bed is comfy & clean!! Have fun! BE SAFE! xoxo

    ReplyDelete